As I’ve previously mentioned, I have been partaking in several weekly writing challenges, for my own creative health.
One of them is called “Fifty-Two Lists,” and the the objective is to write out a list for every week of the year, with a goal of at least 52 per list, in response to the prompts. I found mine through a few different pins on Pinterest.
For those of you who are already list-makers like me, you’ll love this exercise. I find it to be quite therapeutic, and that it actually helps me think clearly all week about other things on my schedule. For those of you who’ve never made a list in your life, you may actually find these to be the exception, and I urge you to try it out.
So, in honor of National Live Creative Day, I’m sharing one of my favorite entries from earlier this year, because it made me self-reflect quite a bit. And, I just love artfully constructed sentences with beautifully chosen words.
May you be inspired, one way or another.
Week 15//52 Lists: Quotes You Live By
1. Real courage is when you know you’re licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what. –Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird
2. Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures. –Alice In Wonderland
3. Love lends wings to our desires. –The Count of Monte Cristo
4. No law but love, no creed but Christ. –William Branham
5. I’ll take waiting over settling any day of the week.
6. Collect moments, not things.
7. Today I shall behave as if this is the day I will be remembered. –Dr. Seuss
8. Spend a little more time trying to make something of yourself and a little less time trying to impress people.
9. The earth has music for those who listen. — Shakespeare
10. To have faith is to have wings. –Peter Pan
11. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time. –Jack London
12. If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. –Emily Dickinson
13. What good is living the life you’ve been given if all you do is stand in one place? –Lord Huron
14. When people treat you like they don’t care, believe them.
15. For whatever we lose (like a you or a me) it’s always ourselves we find in the sea. –e.e. cummings
16. The two most important days of your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why.
17. The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there. –Vince Lombardi
18. I’m inspired by the fear of being average.
19. I believe in Christ, like I believe in the sun–not because I can see it, but by it I can see everything else. –C.S. Lewis
20. I want God, not my idea of God. –C.S. Lewis
21. Are you really happy, or just really comfortable?
22. Have more than you show, speak less than you know. –Shakespeare
23. Faint hearts never won fair ladies. –Robin Hood, Disney
24. Never look back, darling, it distracts from the now. –The Incredibles, Disney
25. A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.
26. To know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
27. A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles.
28. Suffer now and live the rest of your life like a champion. –Muhammad Ali
29. Why fit in when you were born to stand out? –Dr. Suess
30. A diamond is a piece of charcoal that handled stress exceptionally well.
31. I want to inspire people–for someone to say that because of me, they didn’t give up.
32. Feed me to the wolves and I’ll return leading the pack.
33. Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see. –Mark Twain
34. Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart.
35. There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind. –C.S. Lewis
36. This too shall pass.
37. Do or do not, there is no try. –Yoda, Star Wars
38. I’m going to make everything around me beautiful. That will be my life. –Elsie de Wolfe
39. To elevate the soul, poetry is necessary. –Edgar Allan Poe
40. Talent is given by God, our gift to Him is fulfilling it.
41. I would rather die of passion than of boredom. –Vincent Van Gogh
42.Your smile is your logo, your personality is your business card, how you leave others feeling after having an experience with you becomes your trademark. –Jay Danzie
43. People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for. –To Kill a Mockingbird
44. I must be a mermaid, I have no fear of depths, and a great fear of shallow living. –Anais Nin
45. Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire? –Corrie ten Boom
46. Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice. –Shakespeare
47. There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. –Ernest Hemingway
48. The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. –e.e. cummings
49. What is right is not always popular, and what is popular is not always right. — Albert Einstein
50. We’re all so desperate to be understood, we forget to be understanding.
51. Die with memories, not dreams.
52. There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
Of course, there are plenty more quotes that could have been included in this, but the intention wasn’t to be exhaustive–just to write what comes to mind or what quotes inspired me at the time.
I dare you to give it a try. 🙂